Home Barista Workshop: Espresso & Latte Art
This workshop is the one all-round barista workshop where you'll learn everything about sublime espresso making and latte art at home!
Guillaume Bertin, head barista at Frank specialty coffee bar and coffee trainer at @itsangrybean and Tanguy Herssens, founder of Gust Coffee.
What you will learn?
You will learn how to set your grinder for a good extraction, how to influence the taste of your espresso, steam your milk to a silky texture and perform the perfect pour for your cappuccino!
Introduction to specialty coffee
- definition of specialty coffee
- characteristics of coffee (varietals, process, regions)
- influence of roasting and freshness
- recipe, technique, ratio's, extraction times, taste,...
- grind size and adjusting grinder
- exercise on pulling a perfect shot
Steaming milk and Latte art
- theory on steaming milk and microfoam texture
- exercise on steaming milk
- theory on latte art skills
- exercise on latte art
The workshop is meant to be a comprehensive, interactive and fun session, using different origins, processes and varietals of coffee.
Any (home) barista that wants to start or improve his espresso and latte art technique. We will work in small groups, sharing a station per 2.
🕒 12:00 - 16:00 (4 hours)
📍 Gust Coffee Roastery - Pastoor Bolsstraat 3, 1652 Alsemberg
Max 6 participants. Price per person.
Language: see details per date
For any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org