SHOP1. What is the difference between an espresso roast and a filter roast?
To bring out the best flavours in the coffee beans, we roast our single-origin coffees differently depending on the brewing method you use, being an espresso machine on the one hand (espresso roast) or a filter method on the other hand (filter roast). As the extraction of both methods is so different, you'll get the best results by choosing your roast.
- Espresso roast
A (manual or automatic) coffee machine extracts the coffee very quickly, using over 9 bar pressure to force water through coffee grinds. It produces a syrupy, concentrated beverage called espresso, which is also the base for other milk drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.
Our espresso roast is roasted for a slightly longer period of time, which makes the bean more soluble and gives a better extracted coffee which tastes much sweeter and balanced. You will find more body and less acidity in your cup.
- Filter roast
The other method is called filter coffee, or drip coffee, where the coffee is infused in the hot water. You can brew your filter coffee with many different filter gear such as a Chemex, Bialetti, Aeropress, V60 or even a classic percolator. The idea is always the same, you pour hot water on coffee and it's infused and drips through a filter. The result is a much lighter cup with a higher water to coffee ratio, and with clear flavour notes.
Our filter roast is roasted for a shorter period of time which brings out more fruitiness and all flavour notes naturally present in the bean.
2. What exactly does the term "Specialty coffee" mean?
Find all information about specialty coffee here.
3. How do I know how much coffee I need for home?
To determine how much coffee you need to order, you can use this as a basis:
- 2 cups per day = 500 grams of coffee / month
- 4-5 cups per day = 1 kg of coffee / month
- 6-7 cups per day = 1,5 kg of coffee / month
- 8-9 cups per day = 2 kg of coffee / month
Example: 2 people that both drink 3 cups per day, need at least 1,5 kg / month.
4. When do you roast your coffee?
We roast every week in small batches, depending on the orders that get in, to always deliver freshly roasted coffee. You can always check your roast date on your coffee bag.
5. Can I consume my coffee immediately after delivery?
We recommend to wait a few days after the roast date, which you'll find on the packaging, in order to have the optimal taste. For espresso roasts we recommend to let the coffee rest from 1 up to 4 weeks after roast date for the best results.
6. I don't have a grinder, can you grind the coffee for me?
Absolutely, when ordering you can choose either whole beans (if you have a grinder at home), or you can choose pre-ground coffee and the grind size you require, depending on how you will prepare your coffee.
- Fine grind: Aeropress
- Medium grind: pour-over methods such as Hario V60, Chemex, Kalita, Origami, Percolator, siphon,...
- Coarse grind: French Press, cold brew or for cuppings.
- Fine grind: for a moka pot (Bialetti). We do not grind for espresso as the grind size is different for every espresso machine.
7. How are your coffee's packed?
All our freshly roasted coffee's are packed and sealed into specially designed packagings. Our coffee bags are completely aluminium-free and 100% recyclable, so please recycle with PMD (plastics). They contain a valve and zipper for an optimal preservation of the coffee. The valve enables the coffee to degas the CO² that has accumulated during the roasting process, without letting the oxygen in. That way the coffee remains fresh for a long time. However we recommend to consume your coffees within 3 months for the best results.
9. Where can I go to modify/pause/cancel my coffee subscription?
To cancel or pause your subscription, you will need to do so before your next payment, see personal account.
10. I have a VAT number, can I get an invoice?
Of course, if you buy coffee for a company and need an invoice, just fill in the company name + VAT number at checkout, and you will find your invoice automatically in the confirmation mail of your order.
11. What's the return policy?
We cannot guarantee refunds on coffee purchases. If you are not satisfied with our coffee, please contact us and we will get back to you with further information. If you have subscribed for a coffee subscription and wish to cancel, modify or pause, log in to your account and click ‘manage subscription’.
Workshops are not refunded, but postponed to a next available date.
12. Where can I sign in for the newsletter?
Magic..., just click here and stay informed about our adventure!
1. I am a professional, can I get the wholesale pricelist?
Yes, sure, for our wholesale pricelist, contact us and we'll get back to you asap!
2. Is it possible to get my coffee in re-usable containers as a wholesale customer?
Yep, we absolutely do, for Brussels (and around) based customers we deliver in zero-waste reusable containers. If not, we deliver in 1kg sealed alu-free bags with oxygen barrier. Always fresh and in time!
3. Is there a minimum order quantity for wholesale customers?
No minimum quantity, you order what you need.
Standard shipping costs may be applied though. See shipping rates for more information.