1. WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ESPRESSO AND FILTER ROAST?To bring out the best flavours in the coffee beans, we roast our single-origins specifically depending on the use and the different brewing methods, being an espresso machine on the one hand (espresso roast) and drip brew with a filter method on the other hand (filter roast). As the extraction of both methods is so different, we roast them differently.
- Espresso roast
A (manual or automatic) coffee machine extracts the coffee very quickly, using over 9 bar pressure to force water through coffee grinds. It produces a syrupy, concentrated beverage called espresso, which is also the base for other milk drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.
Our espresso roast is roasted for a slightly longer period of time, which makes the bean more soluble and gives a better extracted coffee which tastes much sweeter and balanced. You will find more body and less acidity in your cup.
- Filter roast
The other method is called filter coffee, or drip coffee, where the coffee is infused in the hot water. You can brew your filter coffee with many different filter gear such as a Chemex, Bialetti, Aeropress, V60 or even a classic percolator. The idea is always the same, you pour hot water on coffee and it's infused and drips through a filter. The result is a much lighter cup with a higher water to coffee ratio, and with clear flavour notes.
Our filter roast is roasted for a shorter period of time which brings out more fruitiness and all flavour notes naturally present in the bean.
2. HOW MUCH COFFEE DO I NEED TO ORDER?
To determine how much coffee you need, you can use this as a basis:
- 2 cups per day = 500 grams of coffee / month
- 4-5 cups per day = 1 kg of coffee / month
- 6-7 cups per day = 1,5 kg of coffee / month
- 8-9 cups per day = 2 kg of coffee / month
Example: 2 people that both drink 3 cups per day, need at least 1,5 kg / month.
3. WHEN DO YOU ROAST YOUR COFFEE?
We roast every week in small batches, depending on the orders, to always deliver freshly roasted coffee.
4. CAN I CONSUME MY COFFEE IMMEDIATELY AFTER DELIVERY?
Yes, you can. But we recommend to wait a few days after the roast date, which you'll find on the packaging, in order to have the optimal taste. For espresso roasts we recommend to let the coffee rest for one week after the roast date for the best results.
5. CAN YOU GRIND THE COFFEE FOR ME?
Absolutely, when ordering you can choose either whole beans (if you have a grinder at home), or you can choose pre-ground coffee and the grind size you require, depending on how you will prepare your coffee.
6. HOW ARE YOUR COFFEE'S PACKED?
All our freshly roasted coffee's are packed and sealed into specially designed packagings. Our coffee bags are completely aluminium-free and carbon-neutral and they contain a valve and zipper for an optimal preservation of the coffee. The valve enables the coffee to degas the CO² that has accumulated during the roasting process, without letting the oxygen in. That way the coffee remains fresh for a long time. However we recommend to consume your coffees within 3 months for the best results.
7. WHERE CAN I GO TO MODIFY/PAUSE/CANCEL MY COFFEE SUBSCRIPTION?
To cancel or pause your subscription, you will need to do so before your next payment, see personal account.
8. WHAT'S THE RETURN POLICY?
We cannot guarantee refunds on coffee purchases. If you are not satisfied with our coffee, please contact us and we will get back to you with further information. If you have subscribed for a coffee subscription and wish to cancel, modify or pause, log in to your account and click ‘manage subscription’.
If any other question, don't hesitate to drop us a mail : email@example.com